VINTAGE CRYSTAL EARRINGS
These earrings are made by first creating a bezel using the peyote stitch to hold the rivoli. Then you'll use right-angle weave and netting to add bicone crystals, fire-polished beads, seed beads and Delica beads around this peyote rivoli base. The pattern is fully illustrated with detailed step-by-step instructions. Experience helpful but not necessary. Also makes a pretty matching medallion.
Stitch: Peyote, right-angle weave, netting
Beads Used: Size 15/0 and 11/0 Japanese seed beads, Delica beads, 4mm bicone crystals, 3mm fire-polished beads and two 12mm rivolis
Approx Finished Size: About one inch wide and 1.5 inches long (not including earring findings)
Pattern Price (Downloadable PDF only): $4.00
Payable through Paypal or major credit card for instant PDF download. NOTE: PDF download links are sent to the Paypal email address that you supply during purchase. If you have any problems downloading your PDF pattern purchase (this can sometimes happen if you are using a mobile device or tablet), please email me at email@example.com and I am more than happy to email your PDF pattern purchase to you.
My patterns are also available for sale via credit card at:
Beads used in the photo above:
• two 12mm round rivolis: I used a special coated Water Lily rivoli available from eBay in very limited quanities. You can also use Swarovski Crystal Volcano, which can be purchased at FireMountainGems.com
• About 100 size 11/0 Delica beads (Color1): Miyuki Delica #22L Lt. Bronze
• About 35 size 11/0 Delica beads (Color2): Miyuki #1341 Transparent Silver-lined Medium Rose
• About 100 size 15/0 Japanese seed beads: Miyuki silver-lined light gold 15-003
• About 40 size 11/0 Japanese seed beads: Miyuki #457L Light Bronze
• 18 size 4mm bicone crystals: Swarovski Fuschia
• 20 size 3mm fire-polished beads: Czech Light Bronze
For more online bead shops, check out my Online Bead Shopping page.